Primarily at the rig site offshore, but may be required to attend the Well-Safe base onshore and to visit supplier’s premises
The ASV will report directly to the Well Operations Superintendent (WOS)
To supervise offshore well abandonment operations and ensure that they are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
The ASV will be required to:
- Provide and demonstrate leadership across all P&A activities
- Manage all aspects of HSE performance and ensure that all well operations are performed in a safe and efficient manner adhering to management system and procedures in place
- Manage the rig contractor and service company personnel to deliver performance
- Manage the client interface and ensure project delivery
- Write clear & comprehensive reports and instructions and ensure that POA’s (Plans of Action) are prepared with sufficient detail to cover potential hazards and distributed in time for review and comments
- Ensure compliance with the approved P&A programme and abandonment guidelines.
- Attend pre-tour and pre-job safety meetings to ensure that the safety culture is being followed
- Assist the OIM to ensure the safety of personnel, the protection of the environment and asset.
- Ensure that all operations are conducted within budget and schedule through proper planning and the management of resources
- Conduct and chair regular daily operations meetings
- Participate and lead regular safety inspections and audits of equipment, materials, and areas
- Conduct performance monitoring of the rig contractor and service companies and submit assessment reports
- Lead troubleshooting and assist in making decisions on any technical problems by conducting risk assessments and providing corrective actions
- Assist in the control of and manage emergency situations which may arise offshore (e.g. well control situation, accidents, or incidents)
- Deliver leadership at wellsite and throughout all P&A operations
- A safe and efficient operation
- Clear and concise reports
- Materials and personnel are available in a timely manner
- Open communications and well-informed personnel
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Valid IWCF surface and preferably subsea BOP, supervisor’s level 4 well control certification
- Valid Medical Certificate
- Valid Offshore Survival Certificate
- Biometric shoulder width
- Operators’ specific offshore courses
- Familiar with North Sea regulatory standards
- 10+ years drilling and preferably well abandonment experience on offshore rigs.
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Familiar & experienced with North Sea HSE and UK regulatory standards & procedures and general safety culture
- Computer literate
- Familiar & experienced with reporting software
- Ability to write clear & comprehensive reports and instructions
- Familiar & experienced with offshore logistics
- Experienced with managing the rig contractor and service company personnel.
- Good communicator and arbiter
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Good team player and builder
- Confident in providing constructive feedback at all levels