Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Assistant Accountant will report directly to the Financial Controller.
The Assistant Accountant will help the Finance team with their daily responsibilities and tasks. The postholder will provide the Financial Controller with updates on a regular basis and make them aware of any issues as they become known. They will also support the production of reliable and accurate financial information, including internal reporting, management accounts, statutory accounts, budgets, and forecasts, and support the evolution of the company’s financial systems to support current activities and future growth.
The Assistant Accountant will be required to:
- Build an effective working relationship with the Financial Controller and the Finance team
- Support the production of the financial information such as management accounts, statutory accounts, budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the finance team
- Support the team in ensuring the financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reporting is reliable, accurate and produced in accordance with agreed deadlines
- Support the ongoing management of the ERP system and other systems
- Support continuous improvement of internal control and standard operating procedures.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal and external parties
- Perform other ad hoc duties, complete additional tasks and support ad hoc projects as required
- Support the production of reliable financial information for both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in ensuring that the financial systems are effective, robust and compliant
- Follow the financial policies and procedures of the Company, ensuring they are maintained and effective
- Ensure that there is effective, accurate and timely reporting
- Ensure that the assets of the company are protected and safeguarded
- Build and maintain effective relationships internally
- Regular and accurate updating to the Financial Controller
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Part-qualified member of an accountancy body
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to produce a set of management accounts to Trial Balance stage
- Ability to organise and analysis mass data using Excel
- Experience of using an ERP system, preferably Microsoft Business Central (NAV)
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Organised, diligent, and dynamic, with the ability to manage multiple workstreams to ensure successful delivery of our objectives.
- Willingness to work through peak cycles
- Excellent communications skills with colleagues
- Team player and relationship builder
- Ability to handle periods of pressure and ability to work under own initiative
- Use of ERP systems, Office 365 and advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organisational skills
- Experience of rig-owning organisation
- Experience of working with Maximo, maintenance system