Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Commercial Support Analyst will report directly to the Commercial Manager.
To support the Commercial Department by constructing commercial models for business
opportunities, and supporting the Commercial Processes throughout the opportunity cycle.
The candidate will work closely across all departments to ensure that client requirements
and operational scope are fully understood. They will also work across functions so that
both costs and market conditions are evaluated for the purposes of competitive pricing.
Potential development paths from this role are towards Bid Management, Business
Development, Account Management, and Commercial Management.
The Commercial Support Analyst will be required to:
- Preparation of Commercial Models for proposal and tendering activities for
conventional business opportunities, subject to approval and with support
from the wider department
- Supporting the Bid Manager during the compilation of Proposals, Quotations
and Tender response documentation, including collation and formatting to
Well-Safe marketing & branding standards
- Key focal point for client tender systems (eg Ariba/Contiki/Ivalua etc) and
uploading of information, co-ordinate enquiries received and manage proposal
- Maintaining a register of formal RFI responses, proposals, quotations and/or
- Document control of tenders, proposals submission and similar client
- Define and work to relevant Procedures & Processes
- Co-ownership of Customer Relationship Management toolkit (Salesforce)
- Co-ownership of Administration of document library for standard proposal
responses (Xait Porter & Sharepoint)
- Build and maintain commercial models of prescribed offerings to customer
requirements, to deliver business objectives.
- Engage Well-Safe Engineering and Operations teams to ensure that all scope is
comprehensively costed. Engage with Well-Safe Finance to ensure that all business
requirements are modelled.
- Proactively support the Bid Manager and Commercial Manager to ensure tenders,
proposals, RFI’s etc are submitted on time and to the quality expected. Ensure the
smooth running of the department.
- Maintain and help develop department procedures and processes.
Limits of authority:
Authorship of commercial models subject to approval.
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- 2+ years’ experience in oil and gas
- Pricing & cost estimation experience
- Experience of administrating tender proposals
- Highly efficient in use with MS Office packages
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Basic knowledge of the well construction, abandonment, or intervention domains
- Experience with customer supply chain portals Ariba/Contiki/Ivalua
- Knowledge / Experience of SEQual / experience of Salesforce, or equivalent
Customer Relationship Management Tool
- Knowledge or experience of document authoring toolkit “Xait Porter” or similar.
- Previous Tier 1 Contractor experience would be a benefit