Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Corporate Accountant will report directly to the Financial Controller.
The Corporate Accountant will assist with the running of the finance team in their day to day responsibilities and tasks. They will provide the Financial Controller with updates on a regular basis and make them aware of any issues as they become known. They will support the production of reliable and accurate financial information, including management accounts, statutory accounts, budgets and forecasts. The postholder will also ensure that the company’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
The Coporate Accountant will be required to:
- Form a close working relationship with the Financial Controller, the Director of Finance and the finance team
- Lead the production of the financial information such as management accounts, statutory accounts, budgets and forecasts for review by the Financial Controller and with support from the Finance team
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reporting is reliable, accurate and produced in accordance with agreed deadlines
- Support the implementation and ongoing management of the ERP system and other systems
- Support continuous improvement of internal control and standard operating
- Report on the company’s cash management position and assist in safeguarding the assets of the company
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with internal and external parties
- Perform other ad hoc duties, complete additional tasks and support ad hoc projects as required
- Ensure that there is effective, accurate and timely reporting
- Assist in ensuring that the financial systems are effective, robust and compliant
- Follow the financial policies and procedures of the company, ensuring they are maintained and effective
- Protect and safeguard company assets
- Build and maintain effective relationships internally and with key business partners, including 3rd party suppliers
- Regular and accurate reporting to the Financial Controller
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience within an Oil & Gas organisation
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of using an ERP system, preferably Microsoft Business Central (NAV) and Maximo
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Organised, diligent, and dynamic, with the ability to manage multiple (and conflicting) workstreams to ensure successful delivery of our
- Excellent communications skills with colleagues as well as external stakeholders (ability to engage at all levels)
- Team player and relationship builder
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- Must relate to the dynamics of a fast-growing company
- Proficient use of ERP systems, Office 365 and advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organisational skills
- Experience of a rig-owning organisation
- Experience of working with Maximo and/or Dynamics BC (Microsoft Dynamics NAV)