Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Document Controller will report to the Corporate Assurance Manager.
The Document Controller will be the focal point for document management and control in the organisation, responsible for the uploading of files to the electronic document management system as well as the processing of rig and project documentation.
The Document Controller will be required to:
- Act as the focal point for controlled documentation, records and correspondence
- Monitor and co-ordinate the progress of document-related actions and change requests
- Prepare and issue project documentation as per company and project requirements
- Provide document support to members of the Corporate Assurance team and wider organisation
- Assist with the administration of the company’s integrated business management system
- Consider and comply with all relevant regulations and requirements
- Support the company’s training and competence programme
- Actively engage in company inductions and other training initiatives
- Assist in the promotion of a culture of excellence through continuous improvement, to achieve departmental and company aims and objectives
- Carry out any other tasks required with the competence of the role and the jobholder
- Improved accuracy of the company document control system
- Reduction in document handling & release timescales
- Achievement of departmental and company key performance indicators
- Accurate and timely preparation and communication of reports
- Increase in Corporate Assurance support provided to other departments
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Experience of working with business management and document management systems
- Qualifications and or experience in the use of MS Office applications
- Experience in the analysis and presentation of statistical reports
- Excellent communication skills (Written & Verbal)
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team, responding to business requirements
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Document Management Qualification
- Experience in the support of an effective quality culture in the workplace