Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be the requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Graduate Well Abandonment Engineer will report directly to the Well Abandonment Director.
To support the Well Abandonment team to coordinate all related well decommissioning scoping and studies to deliver effective and integrated engineering solutions in support of the WSS well abandonment programme project life cycle.
Provide assurance support to the Well Abandonment Engineers that the well decommissioning projects are being prepared, defined and executed to the appropriate WSS and industry standards and within budget and schedule to enable WSS business objectives to be delivered.
Co-ordinate and support the set-up of remote sites.
While much of the development activity will be guided, there is an expectation within the role that opportunities for self-development are actively and willingly pursued.
- Support the identification and effective planning, estimating and risk assessment for well decommissioning and identify recommended solutions.
- Support the Well Abandonment Engineers in understanding, managing and achieving expectations for well decommissioning projects.
- Provide the Well Abandonment Engineers with all necessary support and information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the allocated tasks
- Coordinate and support the set-up of remote operational bases
- Maintain Project Risk Register.
- Review and coordinate engineering risk assessments and ensure that all actions are implemented.
- Attend service company presentations where possible to develop understanding of service company techniques and services.
- Maximise learning opportunities such as rig visits, lunch & learns visits to 3rd party facilities as well as capitalising on the learning from experienced colleagues through questioning and observation.
- Liaise regularly with the supply chain group to ensure that all procurement, contracting, and related activities are consistent with the project strategies for these activities.
- Support the supply chain group to develop and draft the scope of work and bidder list for all major subcontracts.
- Participate in specific contract tender evaluation groups for all major tenders.
- Monitor the appropriate metrics and reporting mechanisms for the key elements of the projects
- Maintain the project schedule to within the agreed timeline.
- Monitor and report cost performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure that effective documentation management and appropriate record keeping/archiving are maintained throughout the project.
- Capture, document, and implement “lessons” to ensure continuous improvement in project execution.
- Stewarded implementation of decommissioning project planning, generating risk-managed, technically and commercially sound decommissioning solutions.
- Develop the individual’s knowledge and understanding of well decommissioning projects
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Candidates will be studying/recently qualified in an engineering discipline
- Team player and relationship builder
- Good project management and co-ordination skills
- Good communicator
- Driven and keen to learn and develop themselves