Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The HR Advisor (Field/Offshore) will report directly to the HR Supervisor.
The HR Advisor (Field/Offshore) will provide ongoing effective operation of all HR practices for all field operational personnel – ensuring resourcing levels, competency and availability are in place to fulfil operational requirements, whilst supporting the company values and culture. Initially, this will be on Well-Safe vessels based offshore or in shipyards/ports, but may in the future include land rigs.
The postholder will be required to:
- Be the primary HR focal point for field personnel and operations team
- Provide first line HR advice & guidance to all field supervision, enabling them to effectively manage their teams.
- Maintain full knowledge and understanding of current and future operational activity to understand and effectively plan to meet resourcing requirements.
- Manage the recruitment process for all field personnel, in conjunction with the Rig Manager, including sourcing, interviewing, and compiling approved offers.
- Co-ordinate and manage the movements of all field personnel (new hires, transfers, terminations, promotions, redundancy).Ensure correct manning levels for field personnel are maintained
- Liaising with recruitment partners to arrange the supply of agency personnel as required.
- Participate in the company’s talent management (performance management, career mapping, succession planning)
- Maintain and track absences or sickness utilising Human Resources 365 and records any payroll deviations as applicable.
- Accurately maintain Human Resources 365 and all associated field personnel records ensuring easy retrieval of information and maximizing reporting capabilities.
- Carry out asset visits as and when required
- Support and provide cover for HR Logistics Coordinator as and when required.
- Field personnel requirements are managed to ensure continuous effective operational activity.
- Clear communication between onshore and offshore supporting positive employee relations.
- Development of strong and effective working relationships with all field personnel and operations department
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Minimum five years of HR logistics experience, preferably within a drilling environment.
- HR relations experience including performance management, redundancies, disciplinaries, recruitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, strong communicator
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team in what can be a fast-paced environment meeting operational demands
- Methodical and organised
- Efficient use of MS Office packages
- CIPD Qualification
- Offshore Survival Certification
- International sector experience