The job is based in Aberdeen with a requirement to temporarily visit and work at other company locations, both onshore and offshore (worldwide), as required.
The Maintenance Support Analyst will report directly to the Maintenance Systems
The Maintenance Support Analyst will carry out administrative maintenance tasks in support of an offshore Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
The position will be supported and mentored by the Maintenance Systems Manager (and his assistant) and is intended to train the Maintenance Support Analyst to become a
maintenance, and Written Scheme of Verification subject matter expert.
The job role is extremely varied, and encompasses many of the elements of ERP systems focusing mainly on maintenance management; from ascertaining accurate asset registers
for our units, to writing and developing maintenance plans and teaching and supporting the end-users.
The Maintenance Support Analyst will be required to:
Tasks include (but not limited to):
- Administering detailed data records for assets being managed by Maximo.
- Researching, gathering, and validating equipment details on-site and remotely.
- Researching and drafting planned maintenance activities for Maximo maintenance
- Maintaining asset master data records in Maximo.
- Liaising with the Finance and Procurement departments to support their roles.
- Attending departmental meetings.
- Monitoring and maintaining maintenance related KPI’s.
- Working with maintenance manuals, technicians, and internationally recognized
standards to produce robust and compliant planned maintenance activities.
- Creating and maintaining Maximo end-user training modules.
- Written Scheme of Awareness training.
- Keeping abreast of current legislation related to offshore maintenance activities.
- Inventory support.
- Able to successfully operate and support an effective ERP system.
- Becoming fully competent in all maintenance, WSV, and Maximo related tasks.
- Able to work alone or with a team to develop and problem solve issues.
- Able to add value to the team and suggest and support system improvements and
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Ability to manipulate Excel data to a reasonably high standard.
- Able to understand maintenance hierarchies’ structures techniques and
- Good understanding of marine terminology and equipment.
- Good understanding of mechanical and process engineering.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise work as required
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and external customers or suppliers
- Must relate to the dynamics of a “start-up” company
- Calm under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working locations and working times
- Diploma / Degree in Marine Engineering
- Experience of supporting ERP implementations, preferably Maximo
- Experience in managing technical staff
- Experience in technical teaching delivery.