Marketing & Communications Assistant
Closing Date: 14 February 2023
The Marketing & Communications Assistant will assist the Marketing & Communications team in the day-to-day delivery of the communications and marketing strategy.
You will play a key role in making creative marketing and communications campaign happen, designing marketing collateral and helping to deliver events and sponsorships. This will strengthen the Well-Safe Solutions brand and grow the business internationally.
As a Modern Apprentice, you’ll get to ‘earn while you learn’, gaining on-the-job work experience while undertaking an SQA Diploma in Digital Marketing at SCQF Level 6 (taking between 12-18 months to complete).
What will I learn?
- Photo and video creation and editing using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.
- Use of content management systems (CMS) to update company websites
- An understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- How to measure and analyse marketing and communications performance (with metrics such as reach, engagement, followers etc)
- How to apply brand guidelines to marketing and communications output
- Presentation skills
- Time management and dealing with competing priorities
What qualifications or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement.
- Five National 5 at Grade C or above, one which must be English and preferably a minimum of one other from Business Management, Art & Design, Media or Graphic Communication
- A strong interest in marketing, design and communications
- Creativity and keen eye for detail
- The ability to work well under pressure with strong communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and use initiative to work independently
- Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field
- Familiarity with graphics editing software to help produce marketing materials in-house (such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro)
Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Marketing & Communications Assistant will be required to:
- Assist with the coordination of marketing campaigns and projects, working with agencies, printers, suppliers, charities and other partners as required
- Supporting the creation of digital design elements including social media graphics, flyers, posters, brochures etc.
- Assist with the organisation of a Well-Safe Solutions presence at international events and sponsorships
- Coordinate with suppliers when ordering and distributing marketing materials (such as pens, notebooks etc.) to relevant stakeholders
- Keep updated on competitor social media and website activity and share this information internally within the business
- Assist with managing the company’s image across multiple platforms (website, social media channels and intranet)
- Learn the basics of marketing including analytics, reporting and search engine optimisation
- Provide effective support with the day-to-day running of the marketing and communications department
- Consistently high quality marketing materials and communications
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.