Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Operational Performance Analyst will report directly to the Senior Project Engineer in the Well Engineering team.
The Operational Performance Analyst will provide engineering and asset teams with an analytical understanding of all operational activity conducted and, where appropriate, highlight opportunities to reduce time, cost or risk to future operational execution.
The role will also support ongoing digital transformation in the business and champion data-driven decision making.
The Operational Performance Analyst will be required to:
- Report performance of Well-Safe’s operational activity and assets to well engineering, rig management, executive management and clients.
- Communicate an understanding of positive or negative performance indicators and causal factors.
- Proactively and independently devise solutions to ensure stakeholders are provided with information to make data-driven decisions that reduce cost and mitigate operational risk.
- Champion the use of digital tools and data to provide greater business understanding and competitive advantage.
- Maintain a database of operational performance times.
- Support the creation of deterministic and probabilistic time estimates of planned operational activity or scenario-planning, including quantitative risk analysis.
- Development of a performance culture that results in cost reduction and risk mitigation.
- Analytical reporting of historical and current operational activity, enabling data-driven decision making.
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Fundamental understanding of rig activity, well operations and subsea operations, with at least one year’s experience in drilling, abandonment or intervention operations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and share information with a wide range of stakeholders, including operational personnel, management and clients.
- Demonstrable analytical / numerical skills
- Ability to independently problemsolve and deliver innovative solutions
- At least one year’s rig-site experience in either Drilling, Abandonment or Intervention operations
- Experience in monitoring performance on oil and gas projects
- Good Excel skills
- Experience of PowerBI or other dashboarding software
- Any programming knowledge (i.e., Python, R)