Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Operations Engineer will report directly to the Rig Manager.
The Operations Engineer will assist the Aberdeen operations team with day-to-day duties and provide support for rig operations from Aberdeen.
The Operations Engineer will be required to:
- Assist, attend and review of local authorities/client/Aberdeen inspections & audits, prepare action list for closeout when required
- Maintain IADC list & work with rig-assigned operations team to ensure only one controlled version is available to clients
- Assist Rig Manager to coordinate/facilitate client start-up preparations
- Assist on any upgrades/retrofit/SPS project work as required by assigned Rig Manager
- Attend commissioning/SIT/FATs as required
- Assist Aberdeen Operations and Rig Management to ensure rigs follow company policy & procedures
- Support Aberdeen Operations with tender process & contract review
- As required complete gap analysis of industry and client standards against Well-Safe Solutions policies and procedures
- Assist in review of company procedures and generation of new in conjunction with Aberdeen Operations, Rig & Onshore Rig Management
- Take part in relevant industry workshops (HSE/ IADC)
- Compile and send out operational reports
- Support Rig Manager (s) in ensuring general maintenance, operation, repair records and documentation are accurate and up to date
- Support the review of rig maintenance performance against performance measures; establish initiatives with the team to achieve goals and objectives
- Co-ordinate review of abandonment programmes as per company policy & collate completed review documents from Rig Assigned Operations team.
- Participate in Abandon Well On Paper (AWOP), Hazard Identification (HAZID), Hazard Operability (HAZOP) and After Action Review (AAR) meetings as required
- Identify any issues with Daily Drilling Reports to Rig Manager
- Support offshore personnel with any issues with the Drilling Report reporting software
- Works closely with the Rig Manager around maintenance activities and evaluates potential impact to operations
- Track well performance and investigate areas of Non-Productive Time (NPT). Ensure records are maintained and reviewed in order to publish trends
- Confirm that NPT statistics conform to monthly signed rig timesheets
- Participate in Root cause failure process
- Carry out one offshore visit per month to ensure continued exposure to offshore operations
- Visit equipment vendors & sub-contractors as instructed by Rig Manager or Aberdeen.
- Any other duties as required by the assigned Rig Manager.
- Operational Excellence
- Strive to achieve zero recordable incidents related to MODU operations
- Assist to achieve Well Target costs are met and within key performance indicators
- Ensure non-conformance reports do not exceed close out targets
- Liaise with flag state and IVB bodies to ensure the MODU’s are in compliance
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Experience within a similar role, preferability working for a drilling contractor
- Suitable offshore experience
- Strong personable skill
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Strong Microsoft Office, Project and Power Point Skills
- Relevant university degree