Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The P&A Asset Buyer will report directly to the Rig Manager, with a functional reporting line to the Contracts Manager.
To provide comprehensive buying support to the Operations Team and support the Supply Chain department.
The P&A Asset Buyer will be required to:
- Support the operations team to ensure the Company P&A asset is maintained at operational readiness at all times
- Undertake effective execution of all aspects of procurement in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Review RFQs, specifications etc to ensure they are correctly completed and approved
- Negotiate, evaluate, award and carry out post-award management of procurement activity
- Agree terms and conditions for purchase agreements with support of the supply chain team
- Issue POs and expedite on time delivery of the correct goods and services at the best overall value
- Maximise procurement opportunities through standardisation, supplier relationship management and volume leverage
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and monitor performance through KPIs
- Provide general support to the supply chain team
- Ensure all goods and services are procured in accordance with company procedures and policies and in a timely manner
- Develop purchasing agreements and agreed price lists with key suppliers and ensure these are entered and maintained in Maximo
- Build and maintain effective relationships with P&A asset operations team and key suppliers
- Ensure orders are delivered on time in full
- Proactively support supply chain team
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Previous drilling unit buying experience
- Varied and detailed knowledge of suppliers, commercial evaluations, negotiation and terms and conditions of purchase
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Supplier negotiation and management experience
- Self-starter with good planning and organisational skills
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workload and identify upcoming problems early
- Previous experience of Maximo or similar ERP systems
- Professional certification such as MCIPS/CIPS