Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Project Controller will report directly to the P&A Club Manager.
The Project Controller provides operational support to the portfolio of projects within Well-Safe Solutions. They will develop, communicate and implement the Well Decommissioning Delivery Process in delivering the business; building in lessons learned and monitoring well plug and abandonment projects. They will focus on improving process efficiencies within the Well Engineering department with particular emphasis on leading study projects within an agreed scope, budget, time frame, quality, ensuring a strong interface with operational stakeholders throughout the process/project management cycle.
The Project Controller will be required to:
- Manage project activities (including initiating, planning, implementation, closing, managing resources, cost/schedule control and reporting).
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of quality check of deliverables.
- Create and streamline the process for all P&A studies.
- Develop and maintain the well management system policies, processes and procedures, ensuring procedural compliance.
- Day-to-day management of subcontracts, as required.
- Oversee subcontractor and engineers work scopes.
- Establish relationship with client and other stakeholders to ensure that specific project requirements are delivered.
- Providing project updates to project stakeholders.
- Ensuring consistent best practice in Engineering and Operations.
- Assist with managing project risks to ensure on schedule project delivery.
- Submission and maintenance of relevant documentation in collaboration with customer into relevant document control systems.
- Organise, attend and minute monthly and gate review project meetings.
- Provide support to the Well Abandonment Director, P&A Club Manager and Project Manager to ensure seamless transition of projects from planning to project closeout.
- Capture and analyse knowledge/lessons learnt information and produce PowerBI Dashboards.
- Plan and develop the project in alignment with WMS/BMS processes.
- Monitor project progress and set deadlines
- Monitor project costs vs budget
- Deliver project within timeframe and budget.
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
- Coordinate updating of Project Schedule
- Evaluate project performance.
- Capture lessons learnt
- Management of subcontractor timesheets
- Excellent relationship between client, key stakeholders and Well-Safe team
- Integration within the wider WSS team to ensure alignment and good communication links
Limits of authority:
Supporting responsibility for project activities laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a project related role
- Project Management Fundamentals Certificate
- Has a detail-oriented profile and can carry out cost analysis and work with Excel
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Strong tracking, follow-up and analytical skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- Experience of supporting well operations
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to prioritise and identify upcoming problems early
- Excellent team player
- Highly motivated and able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Microsoft Project Training
- Decommissioning sector experience.