Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Rig Electrician will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
The Rig Electrician will monitor and maintain the integrity of all MODU electrical, electronic and instrument (EEI) systems. They will also be responsible for performing electrical/electronic preventative, corrective and opportunity-based maintenance as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor, as well as monitoring, energising and de-energising electrical equipment and lighting in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
The Rig Electrician will be required to:
- Maintain the supply and integrity of all MODU EEI systems.
- Perform trouble-shooting, repair and maintenance on all EEI equipment.
- Ensure EEI spares inventory is maintained to ensure electrical integrity of a systems.
- Mentor and coach other members of the maintenance team to increase their understanding of the MODU EEI systems.
- Maintain workshop electrical equipment and tools to a high standard.
- Perform daily visual inspections of equipment and respond accordingly to faults.
- Ensure maintenance is scheduled to avoid impacting adversely on well operations.
- Record and maintain accurate historical and certification record for all maintenance, repair and equipment replacement work.
- Ensure accurate and complete handovers are given at shift and rotation changes.
- Attend onshore/offshore meetings and training programmes as required
- Operational Excellence
- MODU EEI power is always available to meet operational needs.
- MODU EEI, safety critical, maintenance backlog has no overdue work orders.
- Audit and inspection findings are closed within the agreed time schedule.
- Well operations are never adversely impacted as a result of EEI maintenance.
- EEI equipment rooms and electrical workshop house-keeping is to a high standard.
- HSE Culture of Excellence
- Actively promote and engage in the use of Well-Safe Solutions continuous improvement programs.
- Support the investigation and review of all major reportable incidents, related to the EI systems.
- Support the maintenance team in doing things right the first time, every time, and contribute positively to continual improvement activities on the MODU.
- Schedule and conduct optimisation reviews within all EEI systems.
- Participate in cross-discpline hazard and improvement tours (HITs)
- Promote company interest in a positive manner
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Valid UK survival mandatory training
- Recognised qualification or technical accreditation in Electrical discipline.
- Comp-Ex training level Ex 01-02
- Completion of all training and certification requirements for offshore Rig Electrician as described in the Companies training matrix.
- 3 years prior experience in supporting drilling operations, 2 years on MODU
- Basic computer skills
- Comp-Ex training level Ex01-04
- High education or degree in any of the EEI discipline