This is a full-time or part-time position. Please submit a cover letter advising whether you are looking for full or part-time, and include the hours and days per week you are available if part-time.
Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Senior Document Controller will report to the Corporate Assurance Manager.
The Senior Document Controller will be the focal point for document management and control arrangements in the organisation, responsible for the leading and supporting of the Document Controllers to operate and facilitate an effective electronic document management system in accordance with company, client and regulatory requirements.
The Senior Document Controller will be required to:
- Lead, support and oversee document controllers and those with document control responsibilities
- Review, monitor and measure document control processes and procedures to ensure ongoing effectiveness
- Identify and ensure that Client and Regulatory requirements are understood and complied with throughout project and/or document lifecycle
- Provide regular reports on document control performance
- Support the preparation and issue of project documentation as per company and project requirements
- Provide document support to members of the Corporate Assurance team, Projects teams and the wider organisation
- Assist with the management of the company’s integrated Business Management System
- Consider and comply with all relevant regulations and requirements
- Support the company’s training and competence programme
- Actively engage in company inductions and other training initiatives
- Assist in the promotion of a culture of excellence through continuous improvement, to achieve departmental and company aims and objectives
- Carry out any other tasks required with the competence of the role and the jobholder
- Support and management of document control function
- Improved accuracy and compliance of the company document control system
- Reduction in document handling and release timescales
- Setting and monitoring of departmental, project and/or company Key Performance Indicators as appropriate
- Accurate and timely preparation and communication of reports
- Increase in Corporate Assurance support provided to other departments
- Overall increase in the capability and efficiency of the Corporate Assurance Department
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Supervisory & team management skills
- Experience of working with business management and document management systems
- Qualifications and or experience in the use of MS Office applications
- Experience in the analysis and presentation of statistical reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team, responding to business requirements
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Document Management Qualification
- Experience in the support of an effective quality culture in the workplace