Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be the requirement to visit and work at other company locations on or offshore, or supplier’s premises as required.
The Senior Well Abandonment Engineer will report directly to the Director of Well Decommissioning.
Well-Safe Solutions are looking for a Senior Well Abandonment Engineer to be responsible for the technical delivery of subsea well abandonment campaigns, providing planning and operational expertise such that all assigned abandonment activities can be performed safely, on budget and on time.
The Senior Well Abandonment Engineer will be required to:
- Work closely with clients to fully understand project requirements.
- Collaborate with Well-Safe team and supply chain to deliver innovative solutions to well decommissioning challenges.
- Produce feasibility studies, develop abandonment concepts & Basis of Design.
- Conduct risk assessments, identify mitigation plans and ensure implementation.
- Carry out appraisal and implementation of new technologies and techniques.
- Work with Contract team to set up contracting arrangements, and to specify & procure equipment.
- Compile information for regulatory permits & well examination.
- Manage interfaces with third parties to ensure a One Team approach.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Well-Safe’s bespoke Well Decommissioning Management System.
- Prepare time and cost estimates for all abandonment options.
- Compile detailed abandonment programmes, supported by relevant specialists, incorporating lessons learned from previous projects and industry experience.
- Ensure planned activities comply with the Well-Safe Well Management System and relevant industry guidelines.
- Provide onshore technical support to Well Decommissioning Superintendent during well decommissioning operations.
- Carry out after action and post well reviews & capture lessons learned.
As and when required, undertake such duties on an on-call basis as the company may require to cover out of hours operations and emergency response incidents.
- Delivery of cost efficient, fit-for-purpose well decommissioning design, in compliance with Well-Safe Management System and consistent with industry best practice.
- An innovative approach to well decommissioning.
- Collection, recording and implementation of lessons learned.
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Self-starter who can take initiative and work under their own supervision
- Excellent organisational, time-management and communication skills
- A minimum of ten years of oil industry, or relevant, experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience with subsea Well Engineering
- Relevant honours engineering degree, and/or equivalent industry experience
- Onshore, operator facing or operator-based experience
- Knowledge of industry standards and guidelines
- Technical experience in a variety of well disciplines – drilling, completions, interventions, integrity, production etc
- Previous offshore experience in variety of well operations including well services, completions or drilling
- Previous P&A campaign experience
- Subsea completions experience