Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Strategic Account Manager will report directly to the Director of Business Development and Strategy.
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for driving the revenue and growth of assigned key client accounts. This may include a range of both established/mature client accounts, and new target customers, within both the offshore and land-based well decommissioning markets.
The Strategic Account Manager will be required to:
- Establish, maintain, and develop relationships across a wide range of key stakeholders and functions within the client’s organisation.
- Develop and maintain client engagement plans and strategic pursuit plans for assigned clients and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for additional revenue (upselling) on existing client contracts and develop suitable strategies to execute these.
- Provide financial input to budgets and forecasting based on key client accounts, e.g. agreed revenue and growth targets.
- Ensure the company’s CRM system (SalesForce) is regularly updated with relevant interactions, data and insights.
- Seek and facilitate opportunities for executive level engagement within key clients.
- Support and provide input to tenders (RFP/RFQ) and market enquiries (RFI) to ensure Well-Safe submissions are aligned with agreed client engagement plans and strategic pursuit plans.
- Oversee areas of key business risks and ensure these are communicated to leadership in a timely fashion and have strategies in place to mitigate these risks as much as reasonably possible.
- Regular and accurate reporting to Director of Strategy and Business Development – and others within the leadership team as appropriate/required.
- Deliver against agreed account plans and strategic pursuit plans.
- Growth of key assigned accounts against agreed targets.
- Robust and up to date market knowledge and insights that informs strategic business decision making
- Visibility and strong business relationships with key client stakeholders
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in the oil and gas industry, including at least three years in a sales and/or account management role.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing, maintaining, and developing key client relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of growing key client accounts.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload and deliverables.
- Solid understanding of local decommissioning markets, trends, and key drivers.
- Ability to present and articulate the company’s value proposition to clients and at industry events/conferences.
- Must be a good team-player with effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and a solid understanding of tenders, contracting, negotiations and managing high-value opportunities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key technical aspects within the well decommissioning lifecycle.
- Previous experience working within the decommissioning industry – ideally with an established Tier 1/2 service company and/or drilling contractor.