Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Subsea Engineer will report directly to the Wells Subsea Team Lead.
The Subsea Engineer will lead the identification, engineering and delivery of key subsea components to deliver safe and efficient P&A operations. They will also support offshore execution and lead a team of offshore engineers towards project and company goals.
The Subsea Engineer will be required to:
- Lead the onshore planning and execution of subsea P&A operations
- Work with operator engineers to maximise use of existing equipment
- Work with OEMs to source rental and purchase items critical to operations
- Work with sub-contractors to understand optimum ways of executing P&A operations whilst minimising need for new equipment
- Lead the offshore subsea engineers to project goals
- Oversight of the SIL including detailed design and manufacture
- Optimisation of Well-Safe Guardian subsea capabilities
- Act as industry focal point for P&A equipment and be the primary link with other companies and stakeholders
- Ensure timely delivery of all subsea equipment for well interfaces
- Minimise requirement for new built subsea equipment
- Maximise efficiency and identify lessons for continuous improvement
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Offshore and onshore OEM experience with multiple subsea equipment providers
- Experience in design of bespoke well access solutions
- Previous subsea well intervention experience
- Previous P&A experience on a subsea campaign
- Rig based BOP control system experience
- Valid offshore survival
- Valid medical certificate