Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required, including offshore and shipyards.
The postholder must be able to attend our global headquarters in Aberdeen.
The Subsea Superintendent will report directly to the Operations Director.
The Subsea Superintendent shall support Well-Safe’s owned and operated assets in ensuring BOP, subsea and well control equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with the company’s procedures and requirements. As a key member of the onshore operations support team, the role will provide advice to other team members related to all subsea matters. The Subsea Superintendent shall also ensure that the company’s procedures related to BOP, subsea and well control equipment are in accordance with, and continue to meet, the requirements of regulators and industry bodies.
The Subsea Superintendent will be required to:
- Directly and indirectly support the company’s assets in all BOP, well control and subsea equipment matters
- Planning equipment overhauls and inspections
- Providing and coordinating frontline engineering support
- Overseeing equipment overhauls/inspections and managing vendors
- Ensuring application of a rigorous Management of Change process in all proposed or executed modifications
- Provide guidance to the Offshore Management Teams in all technical and operational matters related to BOP, well control and subsea equipment
- Assist Rig Managers in matters related to BOP, well control and subsea equipment, including attending client meetings where required
- Provide oversight on the application of the company’s maintenance management/ERP system relating to BOP, well control and subsea equipment integrity
- Assist the onshore and offshore management teams in personnel development and succession planning related to subsea disciplines
- Provide budget guidance and input where requested
- Be a key part of building the company’s identity and culture as a professional and focused P&A specialist contractor
- No incidents, accidents or harm to the environment
- No events that will harm the image or reputation of the company
- On time and on cost delivery of projects
- Successful implementation of the company’s asset strategy related to BOP, subsea and well control equipment
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in an offshore Subsea Engineer role, similar role within a MODU owner/operator, or within a specialist subsea equipment organisation/vendor
- Possessing a relevant engineering or technology qualification, or demonstrable experience in a similar role;
- Ability to undertake complicated problem solving in a structured and logical manner;
- Understanding of the regulatory and industry requirements relating to BOP, well control and subsea equipment;
- Good communicator and team player.
- Understanding of and connections within vendor organisations
- Wider industry experience