Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Training & Competence Coordinator will report directly to the Training & Competence Advisor.
To oversee the training requirements across the business as well as driving the continued expansion of the Well-Safe Solutions Competence Management System (CMS), ensuring ‘capability to deliver’ of all our staff both on and offshore.
The Training & Competence Coordinator will be required to:
- Develop and maintain relationships with training partners.
- Drive training completion ensuring full compliance against the training matrix including recertification on training and medicals where required.
- Utilise SharePoint & TMS (Training Management System) to ensure accurate, up-to-date records are maintained and fully accessible.
- Support the Training & Competence Advisor with flag minimum safe manning documentation across all assets – renewals, new applications and conversion of licenses.
- Assist in the continued development of the Well-Safe Competence Management System (CMS)
- Support Training & Competence Advisor with carrying out inductions for all new employees into the CMS ensuring they can access and use the competence platform effectively.
- Support the Training & Competence Advisor to ensure adequate assessors and verifiers are trained and are in place to support the CMS.
- Produce regular reports providing mandatory and overall training compliance for assets & teams were required.
- Participate with the TMS & CMS platform development, working closely with the system providers to ensure we maximise output from the systems, including regular and accurate management reporting.
- Support the implementation/ongoing development of both apprenticeship schemes and graduate development programmes, promoting Well-Safe’s aspiration to actively develop the young workforce.
- Attend industry Training & Competence forums & seminars to keep abreast of industry updates.
- Any other delegated duties as instructed by line management within the timeframe specified.
- Full compliance with the agreed Training matrix
- Enthusiastic engagement with the CMS, ensuring proactive participation and the achievement of 100% safety critical compliance within agreed timeframes
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- 3+ years training and competency experience within the oil and gas sector, ideally within a drilling environment.
- Experience of coordinating training and management systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Methodical and organized with a keen attention to detail
- Confident, strong communicator with lots of enthusiasm and energy
- Pro-active and willing to take on responsibility
- Efficient use of MS Office packages
- Valid Offshore Survival/Medical
- Understanding of OPITO CMS approval requirements
- Awareness of external funding streams (e.g FWDF)
- Awareness of flag state – safe manning requirements