Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required including offshore.
The Well Abandonment Engineer will report directly to the Director of Well Abandonment.
Provide well engineering and operational expertise such that all assigned abandonment activities can be performed safely, on budget and on time.
The Well Abandonment Engineer will be required to:
- Produce feasibility studies, develop abandonment concepts & Basis of Design.
- Conduct risk assessments / identify mitigation plans.
- Recommend implementation of new techniques and practices.
- Specify & procure equipment.
- Compile information for regulatory permits & well examination.
- Manage contractor interfaces (including expediting & QA).
- Compile detailed abandonment programmes, supported by relevant specialists.
- Provide onshore support during abandonment operations.
- Carry out post well review & reporting.
As and when required, undertake such duties on an on-call basis as the company may require to cover out of hours operations and emergency response incidents.
- Deliver complete well P&A delivery.
- Ensure abandonment designs meet well objectives and comply with standards and regulations.
- Champion performance and lessons learned
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Onshore, operator facing or operator-based experience
- Knowledge of industry standards and guidelines
- Technical experience in a variety of well disciplines – drilling, completions, interventions, integrity, production etc
- Relevant honours engineering degree, and/or equivalent industry experience
- Previous offshore experience in variety of well operations including well services, completions or drilling
- Previous P&A campaign experience