Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The Contracts Engineer will report directly to the Contracts Manager.
The role will provide comprehensive contracts support to the business, including Well-Safe’s clients. The post holder will be involved in all aspects of the procurement process, from strategy setting through to contract award and contract management. There will be a focus on proactive contractor performance management in order to realise optimal value from the supply chain on behalf of Well-Safe and its clients.
The Contracts Engineer will be required to:
- Work with key stakeholders to develop strategies for specific abandonment programmes
- Development and manage contract plans
- Support and/or lead the tendering, evaluation and negotiation process in relation to the award of well abandonment, logistics and support services contracts.
- Make recommendations to Well-Safe management and Well-Safe’s clients on contractor selection and contract award in accordance with the approved contracting strategy
- Develop Invitation To Tender (ITT) packages, and prepare detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluation of tenders including assessment of contract risk
- Direct contractual and commercial negotiations in accordance with contracting principles, ensuring risk mitigation and commercial optimisation
- Ensure effective management of contractors for abandonment projects in all stages of the project life cycle and deliver overall project performance targets
- Assist with key contractor performance and relationship management including frequent performance feedback sessions, agreeing and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), implementing lessons learned and continuous improvement
- Identify and develop opportunities to create value, cost reductions and improve service delivery across the business through effective contract management techniques
- Preparation and administration of contract documents, including, Contract Summaries, Amendments and Variation Orders (VO’s).
- Provide advice and guidance to management on procurement and other internal / external supply chain matters
- Provide support in negotiations in relation to contract dispute resolution
- Work with the well engineering/projects team to define a clear financial understanding in terms of costs, accruals, commitments, VO’s and uncertainty
- Ensure that contracts implemented are in accordance with Well-Safe’s commercial strategy
- Deliver proactive, effective, and efficient Supply Chain Management (SCM) support to the business and Well-Safe’s clients
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key business partners, including contract, supplier and relationship management in the spirit of collaboration
Limits of Authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description and delivered in accordance with the procurement process.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- Relevant experience in oil and gas contracts role with a proven track record of value delivery in SCM
- Must be able to derive added value from contractors, contain procurement costs, and mitigate exposure to risk
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-starter
- Team player and relationship builder who can focus on key performance measures
- Strong negotiator with good influencing and project management skills
- Outstanding communicator (ability to engage at all levels)
- Tactful, commercially astute with natural drive and energy
- Must relate to the dynamics of a “Tier 1” contractor compan
- Legal/QS/CIPS qualification
- Experience from both oil operator and service company perspective
- Knowledge of wells and, in particular, well abandonment requirements