Well-Safe Solutions, Aberdeen, though there may be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations or supplier’s premises as required.
The postholder must be able to attend our global headquarters in Aberdeen.
The Project Reporting Accountant and Planner will report directly to the Corporate Finance Manager.
The Project Reporting Accountant and Planner will drive the delivery of robust and accurate reporting of project financial and non-financial data to key internal and external stakeholders. To support Planning and Analysis Accountant with budgeting and forecasting responsibilities.
The Project Reporting Accountant and Planner will be required to:
- Effective overall management of project recording and reporting (internal and external projects) to include all financial and non-financial information.
- Engage with finance team to support month end close process.
- Engage with project managers and budget holders to ensure that they understand the project outputs and put in place any mitigating actions to address issues.
- To ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reporting is reliable and accurate relating to actuals displayed in DataRails (the company’s reporting and forecasting tool).
- To drive the budget and forecasting preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Engage with key stakeholders for updating the five-year model (Excel model) and keep it up to date.
- Create budget, forecast reports, and board packs
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to support projects, budgets, and forecasts.
- Perform other duties, complete additional tasks, and support ad hoc projects as required
- Effective, timely and accurate project reporting to all internal and external stakeholders
- Effective budget and forecasting procedures in place to ensure timely reporting.
- Establish a high level of credibility generated by strong working relationships with internal parties across the business.
Limits of authority:
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Knowledge & Competency:
- qualified accountant
- high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- organised, diligent, and dynamic, with the ability to manage multiple (and conflicting) workstreams to ensure successful delivery of our objectives.
- excellent communications skills
- ability to influence and engage with colleagues as well as external stakeholders (at all levels)
- team player and relationship builder
- advanced Excel skills
- excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organisational skills
- understanding of power pivot, power query and power BI (or willingness to learn)
- proficient use of ERP systems, Office 365